On the road to our Dream Home

Saturday 24 March 2007

All in all it's just.......




















































































Another Brick in the Wall!!
or so the words to Pink Floyds song goes. Yes, we were very happy to see that our mate 'the brickie' has been working fairly hard this week. Considering the warm windy weather and the rain we've had , he was a real trooper and bricked up our garage and midway up the windows on the bedrooms side of the house. I have to say we are very happy with the brick colour, and the funny thing is that after all the months of asking Pete to show me any house that had the same colour brick..and this is really funny...the house next door to where we are living now has them! you've gotta laugh huh!! It also seems like the plumbers have been in an done some more work as there are even more pipes sticking out of walls, and both shower bases have been delivered and are sitting where I presume they are supposed to be, and good job that, because I really didn't fancy showering in the theatre room!!
The electricians (or sparkys for those in the know) were also in and all the power point brackets (that will be hidden behind the walls) have been put in place, as well as the light switches.
The wrapping of the house was done, so it looks like a big green present..without a bow, mind you....but I will forgive them, because that's just the kind of girl I am!
Lucky for all you who love me, because I almost disappeared in a pool of quicksand!! Okay, so it was only a bit muddy, but I happened to find it and my shoes came out the worse for wear. *Note to self* Buy gumboots for Pete and I..because...yes, he stood in it too!!!!!

5 Comments:

  • the house is really coming along now.The bricks looks great and go well with the roof.Well matched!I meant o ask u how did it go with the bathroom window that u were wondering about?, lisa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 25 March 2007 at 12:23 pm  

  • They still have to change the window in the ensuite as it is supposed to be clear. Pete called a few weeks ago and mentioned it to them, so at least they know it has to be changed.

    By Blogger carolann, At 25 March 2007 at 12:24 pm  

  • well well mum, you are quite the novellist! So proud of you with your writing, very humorous and a great read! So happy for you and Pete, seems like your dreams will be reality soon enough:) I can NOT wait to see the final product, is all so VERY exciting so i can hadly imagine how you are feeling! I have been printing your blogs along the way so make sure you keep them coming xxxx love you xxx love your daughter Jess xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 28 March 2007 at 7:32 pm  

  • Carolann this is a marvellous site. I had to read all the way through and can't wait to travel the rest of the journey with you, it's so exciting. And Pete takes pretty good photos too :-). I'll be checking out your new additions each week, so keep it coming.
    Terrie

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 29 March 2007 at 10:15 pm  

  • Thanks Terrie! I am really enjoying doing the blog, so I am very glad you are enjoying reading it. It will be great to look back at this once we are settled in to the house and the build is just a distant memory. So, stay tuned..same bat time...same bat channel!

    By Blogger carolann, At 30 March 2007 at 10:43 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home